ADVICE

As part of the PACE programme, we also reach out to the community to start our Teen Pregnancy prevention. Most cases of Teen Pregnancy can be prevented if families are informed.

The Birth Report from the Department of Statistics (1970-2010) highlights progress made, in 2009 there were 532 teen births and 533 in 2010, representing an average of 9.9% of the total births for each of those years. This is trending in the right direction. A look over the decades shows the much needed decline in teen births, in 1970 there were 578 teen births representing 11.8% of the total; 1980- 1107 (21.7%), 1990- 763 (12.5%); 2000- 580 (11%).

We hope you find these articles helpful. Alternately you can contact us and someone will be more than happy to assist.